Tuesday 6 November 2012

Tangerine and Kiwi Visit the Cheese Maker by Laila Heloua & Nathalie Lapierre (Children's, Picture book, 10/10)



September 2005, Owl Kids
26 pages, Paperback
Review copy

Themes: family outing, being afraid of new animals, learning how to milk a cow, cheese making process, different cheeses, having fun, cute ladybird, fondue recipe

Summary from Owl Kids

The first in a series of unique picture books about curious siblings Tangerine and Kiwi who love to learn about food. Visit the Cheese Maker features a trip to the dairy farm, an explanation of how cheese is made, and a kid-friendly recipe for fondue.

Nayuleska's thoughts

This story has a soft family feel - I could feel the love between the parents and the children. It reminded me of an outing I had to a cheese maker when I was little (although I didn't get to go in and put on protective hats). Kiwi has help embracing his fear (occupanied by a cute looking worm (which I'm usually scared of)) and Orange is the narrator. I love her little ladybird who helps explain who cheese is made in this 10/10 read.


Suggested read

Check out the other Tangerine and Kiwi books which include Tangerine and Kiwi Visit the Apple Orchard 

No comments: