Thursday 25 October 2012

Nayu's News #40 Winx & Anime Galore!


No guesses for what this post is about! 
(Amu from the anime Shugo Chara being happy)

(Look at their funky new everyday outfits! They have fab style (teamed with trousers would be perfect for me))
Yup, it's a Winx post. It all begin a few months ago, when I went onto the French TV website for the station that is showing season 5 of Winx. I dutifully signed up because you can watch episodes online. I checked it out a few weeks ago, only to be told some horrifying news. 
I wasn't able to watch the videos because they weren't for my region/country. Needless to say I was devastated. 
 I resigned myself to the fact I wouldn't get to see Winx (in French, that's the one I like. & Spanish, but that's newer for me). I was not a happy bunny, but that's how life goes. 

Or so it went until yesterday. I tried to get French episodes on one website, but nothing appeared. I then tried googling it - it had to be online somewhere. And it was! 
 (A very happy Saya from the anime Bamboo Blade)

I immediately signed up to the website in question, and watched the first 2 episodes in French today. The French release (dubs) is a couple of weeks behind the English release - boo. So for now I'll watch both, just so I see the latest episode asap. Once the whole season has been released, I won't watch the English again. I don't like animation in English all that much. There are a few exceptions, but when I'm used to it in a certain language, anything else seems 'wrong'. 
(Here's a picture of all the girls in Harmonix form - I adore their outfits!)

Oddly there's one episode which is in a different position in the French version. The Lilo which is episode 1 in English is about episode 5 in French. Not sure why, but there you go. Another odd thing the trailer I kept seeing for season 5showed Winx as a truly dire CGI show. I'm so relieved it isn't like that, and it's the normal Winx I'm used to. 
  (Awful CGI image which doesn't even look like Bloom!)
 
There's so much magic in the show - more cuteness and amazing changes. I'm sure Sirenx will be awesome, but for now Harmonix is soft and feminine. The girls are getting their own magical companions (of sorts) so I'm not minding too much that les mini-fees (pixies) aren't in the show. 
 (Some of the new companions)

Mitzi, Bloom's evil neighbour in Gardenia has a little sister who is a sweetheart and the total opposite of Mitzi. She has a lot of courage, and I hope we get to see more of her. 
 (Maci on the left (she always has her right eye covered with hair), Mitzi on the right)

Not only does the website have the latest Winx, it has an anime I've wanted to see but haven't been able to get hold of before now, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. It sounds a similar premise to Lil Pri, and is fun. I'd have preferred it to be less boy(friend) orientated, but that's the way it goes.

Today has been a total R&R day - which I should have had Tuesday and yesterday (bad me).

 As well as watching Winx & MMPPP, I've watched:

 La Storia della la Arcana Famiglia
(some of the 'family', some related, some connected by all having special powers)
The plot has been thickening in numerous ways, and continues to surprise me. It's the Mafia with mysterious magical powers - heaps of fun! Felicita (below) is the heiress, she can see what's in others' hearts, she has an awesome fighting style and is protected by the entire family (and gets to protect the people on the island).
 
LilPri
I'm super excited about the next episode because the girls find out a truth which everyone watching the show already knows.

I hope you've had a good day, and all have a favourite show you can enjoy over and over. I'd love to hear if you like any animated ones. Tomorrow I plan on posting about my hospital weekend :)

1 comment:

Manga UK said...

Hello, I thought you may be interested in the Manga UK podcast!

http://www.mangauk.com/podcasts.php