Monday 17 September 2012

What are YOU reading? #133

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel atHome Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.






Books I've read

 
 
The Dog Detectives: Lost in London by Fin & Zoa
Children's, Picture book
(All the major London landmarks are explored in this hide and seek read...check out my review right here on the site!)
9/10







Debutantes by Cora Harrison
Young Adult
(Out of all the books I've read based in the 1920s, this is by far my favourite!  My review...)
10/10








Run! The Elephant Weigh's a Ton! by Adam Frost
7 years +
(The funny thing is I looked at pictures of baby elephants a few days before reading about this cute one...)
9/10









Secrets, Lies & Locker 62 by Lil Chase
Young Adult
(A prime example of how NOT to treat people...)
8/10





 
Read but not finished



Suzunari! Vol 1 by Shoko Iwami
Manga, Young Adult
(Suddenly having an almost identical twin with cat ears and a tail, plus a sometimes simplistic view of the world makes life interesting...)








 


Started



Fury by Elizabeth Miles
Young Adult
(It's the ONE series I prefer the antagonists to the protagonists...)








Watched




Winx, Season 1
I never get bored watching the girls fight evil and have fun!







Chocolat & Vanilla (Sugar Sugar Rune)
French version
It's rather crazy! But great fun to watch. The story does seem to focus more on Chocolat - she is my favourite character.








H2O: Just Add Water
So I read the synopsis of every remaining episode...and I'm so excited about what will happen! It's so fun and the girls have a lot to cope with using their mermaid powers for good.








Covert Affairs: Season 1
This is rather like Alias, which I have and am slowly watching. A big difference is that it is the real CIA so there's slightly less deception than in Alias. In some ways it's a bit happier than Alias, which is why I'm able to watch more than 1 episode in a week (which is all I can stand for Alias). It stars an actress I like, Piper Perabo (or something like that) - she was in Coyote Ugly which I don't like anymore at all (best not to get me started on that film) but I do love this. So much fun! Would prefer if she wore a few more conservative clothes, but it's livable.




 
 
 
Shugo Chara!
Currently this is the most watched anime for me. It is that bit cheerier than Winx - well, it's overall animation style is cuter and brighter than Winx, even when the story gets dark there's so many laughs to be had. It's what I need at the moment. Open Heart!!! (that only makes sense if you've seen it...) Elu makes me laugh - as does everyone else.
 
 
 

No comments: