Monday 30 April 2012

What are you reading? #113

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Not a lot of reading has happened this weekend because life has been chaotic, I've been battling germ gremlins which hijack my ability to read. Still working on a petition to get them to stay away....
  
Books I've read this week




The Secrets of Ordinary Farm by Tad Williams and Deborah Beale
Children's, 9 years +
(Some VERY cool & cruel concepts here, as well as scary ones!)
8/10









Number Rhymes Tens and Teens by Opal Dunn & Hannah Shaw
Children's Picturebook, Non-fiction
(Getting to grips with numbers is made fun with catchy rhymes and hilarious illustrations....my review...)









Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: On Stage in America by Dee Shulman
Children's, 9 years +
(The true to form diary style added to the hilarity...)
10/10



 
 
 
 
 
 

The Look by Sophia Bennett
Young adult
(Ted and Ava's journeys examine the essence of life in a materialistic world of fashion, with cancer changing the sisters forever...)
10/10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Books I'm Re-reading
 
 
 

Drina Dances in Italy by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
(I'm in part two where Drina goes to meet her Italian family - little does she know that she'll get to dance with the Dominique too!!!)
10/10







The Demon Trappers #1: Forsaken by Jana Oliver
 Young Adult
(Reading it the second time through is a real treat - I'm even more upset for Riley with all that happens as she fights demons, but I feel more connected through her hot chocolate love!!)
10/10



 
 
 
 

Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin
Urban Fantasy
(It turns out I haven't reviewed this one (I've reviewed book #2!), so I will review it but it is a reread. Got to love the danger Raine gets in!) 
9/10
 
 
 
 

No comments: