Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nayu's News #14

(random picture of a girl staring at the moon. I try to use this for my 'thinking' posts) 

Blog schedule announcement
This week I've been doing a little bit of thinking. I'm now not going to do personal blog posts on days I work. It's to save energy for writing! And have extra rest time, which I seem to need more of at the moment. Resting most of today has made me feel a bit better, so I've really got to try and do more of it. *groans* Even with a firend's suggestion of calling it *chilling out* I'm still struggling a bit to do enough of it.
(Unless I feel really rough, I don't rest in bed. I stay in my comfy chair, with my home made crochet blanket (I must take a photo soon and show you it)), my portable DVD player, some Winx and anime DVDs.
 
I guess I try to shorten my rest times because I want to read all the lovely books on my shelves. Resting for me no reading, as that uses concentration more than watching DVDs. I hate reading less, but if I don't listen to my body I'll be in Big Trouble. So yeah, I look like my Twitter Avatar Holo when I have to rest sometimes 
 (At last I can use the picture of her! Hadn't found an appropriate topic before.)

New blog feature
I'm currently devising a new meme, Character Duel. I'll take a character from a book I've read recently, and pair them up with the character who I think they are most like. I'll say why I think they'll get on, and possibly why they may annoy each other. 
 (The girls from the anime Bamboo Blade: which book characters will I put together in the forthcoming new meme?) 

The second past of the meme post will be matching the character with an anime/game character (that part is mostly for my pleasure. I'm guessing not all that many of you watch anime/play games (please tell me if I'm wrong! I'd love to be wrong)) so I'm trying not to swamp you with my anime addication. Sometimes I just can't help myself!

(Can you resist President Aria (the cat) in Akari's arms, an Undine apprentice (female gondolier in the anime Aria the Origination)? Look at how cute he is. The President of the Orange Company, President Maa can't resist him.....
(...launching herself at President Aria's podgy tummy is Maa's favourite past time.)

Back on track...
Anyway, back to this blog post! I've yet to decide which day to allot the new meme, but I suspect it'll be at the weekend, just so I can give a mid week update on life as well as a weekend update. As usual there'll be reviews every day, sometimes more than one depending on how much I read. 

(Random anime girl not sure where from but I love her blue hair) 

I know I've said it recently, but I'd like to thank you all for your support. I'm thrilled to share my love of books and anime with you - and other stuff too. 

DVD arrival update: 

Still no sign of Shugo Chara. It is shipping from abroad, so I'm not worried yet.
 (I think this is the picture of Ami (the girl in Shugo Chara) which made me keep looking for the anime)

Thanks to selling an anime I no longer like, I'm getting two new ones! 
 Alice Academy looks lots of fun (it's Japanese anime) 

Now after purchasing and loving the original French animation series Loulou de Montmartre, I've been on the look out for shows of a similar style. The one I'm getting is the French version of Frances Hodgson Burnett's A Little Princess (book)

This is called Princesse Sarah. 

Both have been despatched and I'm eagerly awaiting them.

Today's anime watching was Winx. It's the one I use to totally relax. Last night was extra special because I dreamt I was the Winx! I think I was sometimes Tecna, sometimes Flora and sometimes Bloom. It was so much fun. 
 (an excited Musa, Bloom and Stella in Enchantix mode)

Tinkerbell was in the dream too - which made an interesting character combination. 
They all worked together to battle a bizarre sky monster. And won. (Naturally)

Time to get some food! Nominess awaits me. Have a good evening!

(My Twitter Avatar, Holo from the anime Spice and Wolf)

No comments: