Monday 30 January 2012

What are you reading? #100

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Books I've read this week
 
 

Striker Boy Kicks Out by Jonny Zucker
Childrens
(This book Showed me football is far more complex than I thought, and provided a fair amount of action which was at times disjointed, but still a gripping read.)
7/10









Kiss, Date, Love, Hate by Luisa Plaja
Release Date:  2nd February 2012
Young Adult
(As a game lover, the concept of life changing through a game was intriguing, and I wasn't disappointed!)
8/10









When Betsy Came to Babysit by Elizabeth Dale
Picture book
(Betsy found the perfect way to get the children to behave. Watch out for the cat on every page!)
10/10










Fated by Sarah Alderson
Young Adult
(A story with as much thrills as her previous novel 'Hunting Lila', with an intriguing take on vampires, werewolves and other creatures.  Check out my review right here...)
8/10 






 

Rereads
These are the reading adventures I'm undertaking in addition to my weekly reads at that most perfect hour of the day....right before lights out. What better time to settle in with an old (or not so old) favorite....and so the "re-reads" category was born. Currently going through.....


Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Life is not as calm as everyone is trying to make it, and Bella is not impressed with that.





 




Grace by Morris Gleitzman
This was a tissue read the first time around, somehow it's MORE powerful because I know what happens next....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

serendipity_viv said...

I read Kiss Date Love Hate too this week!