Monday 26 September 2011

Monster Day at Work by Sarah Dyer (Children's, Picture book)


1st September 2011, Frances Lincoln 
32 pages, Paperback
Review copy 

Children's, Picture Book 

Themes: bonding between child and parent/guardian, adult jobs through a child's eyes, boredom, great imagination, lots of humour 

Summary from Frances Lincoln
Little monster spends a day at work with his father. First he has to dress and choose which tie to wear. Then he must travel with Dad and all the other commuters. At work he eats the biscuits at the meeting, colours the graphs his father makes on the computer, goes to the canteen for lunch and even stops off for a drink on the way home. Monster thinks his father has it easy at work.  

Nayuleska's thoughts
This is such a cute view on what the big world of work is all about, I remember feeling the same way when I was little. Virtually everything the little monster thought of were my thoughts when I was little. I love nap time, because little monster looks adorable, plus what the father is holding is funny. I looked at it, and thought it looked familiar (I can read monster language!). I turned the book upside down, then laughed a lot as the top sheet of paper in the pile says 'blah blah blah' many times. 

This sweet books get 10/10 from me. 

Be sure to find out more about Sarah on her website

Suggested read 
For a fun read about the importance of taking care of nature throughout the world, try The Trouble With Dragons by Debi Gliori


No comments: