Monday 23 May 2011

What are you reading? #68

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.
So...reading.  This week, it didn't quite happen as expected.  Such is life sometimes.  However...with the help of a fairly long appointment on Friday and the need to relax this week, I did manage to sneak in a few gems to pass the time.  Perhaps today's title should be "books I intended to read this week....and at the very least started".  ^_^

Books I've read this week



  
Only the Good Spy Young
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
by Ally Carter
Young Adult
(The 1st three Ghallager Girl books by Ally Carter. I've read the first one once, and they are funny. I chose them because I adore spy stories, there is a lot of humour, and some tension too.)





 

The Book of Bunny Suicides
Return of the Bunny Suicides
by Andy Riley
Humour
(These two show my strange sense of humour.  The illustrations are very inventive and have me smiling a lot, which is just what I needed Friday.)





Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
Young Adult
(The first of Lisa Mantchev books and I love it! Might pop the second in [Perchance to Dream] if I get a chance.  My review from once upon a time...)




That's it for now...but you never know.  Next week?  Could be dozens more.  We shall see.  So, what ARE you reading?  Whatever it is, here's hoping it's happy indeed.

No comments: