Thursday 6 August 2009

Thirsty Thursday

No author interview today. Author interviews will be as and when I receive them.

Thursdays will now always have a news item for the week, including books received in the post. Hopefully this will give you more of an advance list as to what will be reviewed over the next week and a bit.

Ideas for the Thursday's post title are welcome - Thirsty Thursday was the first idea in my head. I was thinking along the lines of 'thirsty for books'. I realise hungry would be more accurate, but there's no day of the week that begins with H in English.

I'm pleased to add MacMillan to my list of kind donators for books.

Owing to a slight space shortage - well, for this reviewer there is no such thing but for my family, having my entire bedroom floor covered in towers of books isn't an option - I shall shortly be setting up Nayu's Reading Corner's first competition! Winners can take their pick from a selection of books. I ship worldwilde.

I believe in spreading the love of reading. If I can pave my way in books around the world, I will.

Books Received in the Past Week

Note: the order doesn't denote the order of future reviews. I do try and review books in the order I received them. Within any given selection, I'll pick one at random (I don't read series out of sequence).
  • Changeling: Dark Moon and Changeling: Discover the Beast Within by Steve Feasey
  • Missing, Believed Crazy by Terence Blacker
  • Cosmic, by Frank Cottrell Bryce
  • Ernest, Catherine Rayner
  • Dogs, Emily Gravett
  • The Rabbit Problem, by Emily Gravett (and a lot of rabbits)
  • The Trouble with Dragons, by Debi Gliori
  • Children's Atlas of World History, Simon Adams
  • Lucy Goes to Market: A Magical Alphabet, by Imogen Clare and Sanchia Oppenheimer
  • Ask Dr K Fisher about Animals, by Claire Llwellyn and Kate Sheppard
  • The Eyeball Collector, by F.E. Higgins
  • The Spitting Cobra, by Gill Harvey
  • Sovay, by Celia Rees
  • Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Frozen Hearts by Emma Kennedy
  • Roxy's Baby by Cathy MacPhail
  • Pongwiffy and the Holiday of Doom, by Kaye Umansky
  • Glitterwings Academy: Flying High by Titania Woods

That's all to come in future reviews!

No comments: