Thursday 27 August 2009

Thirsty Thursday #3

Hello! So far, as per usual, I haven't had the most normal week in the world.

Thanks to strange internet connection gremlins, my connection with the wonderful information portal has been somewhat intermittent. I've been catsitting/housesitting the past week, and my laptop decided not to open up reliably up, even when the connection was available. Technology. When it works it is wonderful. When it doesn't...yes I was looking a little panicked.

However, at the weekend I had a spurt of reviewing (1 a day is what I can mostly manage. Book reviews take time!), which has hopefully tided this blog over.

Sadly, as far as I can remember, there have been no books in the post for me. I will be good and not include the 3rd volume of a manga trilogy, or the news that I can pick up the second in the trilogy by Libba Bray from the library. Not to fear, I still have a small pile of books to read (which is less than the pile of books I have yet to review). Plus, well, we are nearly at the end of August. September means more books! Donators are safe from requests until around the 2nd week - I do need to finish my current stash. It's Bank Holiday on Monday - public holiday for the entire country for most 9am-5pm jobs. I think I may be planning a readathon plus more book reviews.

That's the round up for this week's Thirsty Thursday! Join me again next week.

3 comments:

Rebecca Knight said...

Sorry to hear about your technology challenges :). Now that I'm so used to it, being without reliable internet kills me. Hope you have a great Thursday!

Rebecca Knight said...

I have a present for you over at my blog :). http://rebeccaknightbooks.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-ive-learned-this-week.html

Nayuleska said...

Thank you! Shiny!!!!