Monday 16 August 2021

Little Bunny's Book of Thoughts by Steve Smallman (Poetry, non-fiction, 10E/10E)


 

November 2020, Graffeg, 48 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Summary from Graffeg

When everything feels like a challenge, take time to stop and breathe with Little Bunny's book of calm, quiet and mindfulness.

Nayu's thoughts

I adore bunnies, so it was a no-brainer in saying yes to reviewing this book. Life isn't easy, we all know that. Honestly I could have done with rereading this gem of a read far more than I have in the past few months. Little Bunny is going through some stuff of its own, but the poetry within expresses how tough can can feel and encourages what action can be taken. I don't have ears I can dangle off a branch with like Little Bunny, and performing headstands isn't in my list of things I can do, but following the advice of speaking with friends, taking a step away from worries and trying to find the positives in life is something I can do. 

The simple black and while illustrations convey more than what's written on the pages, expressing the feelings more swiftly than the words do. I want to keep looking at the adorable Little Bunny, and eventually the words will take route in my head and provide comfort when I need them. A total must for everyone's bookshelf, regardless of if you love bunnies, which you totally should! 

Find out more on Steve's website

Suggested read

For other encouraging reads involving rabbits check out Poor Little Rabbit by Jorg Muhle (Children's, Picture book, Board Book, 10E/10E)


 

 

 

No comments: