Sunday 6 January 2019

Nayu's Gaming Time #19 2019 Gaming Backlog Challenge Part 1

My mind is frequently on gaming even when I'm not playing games ^u^
It's that time of year when people make resolutions over goals for the year that they'd like to achieve. I tend not to do this, however, while on Patient Gamers on Reddit I spotted a post that was about saying which games you'd like to play this year, so I thought I'd give it a go. Here are the games I really want to finish (some are started already). These are not all my backlog games, which I have collected quite a few over the years (sales can be your friend, trust me!)

These are not in order, and while the original challenge states aiming to complete a game a month, completing a game one at a time - I'm not doing that, as I hop around games depending how much mental energy I have, as well as what I feel like. Although I am alternating days for when I only play Dragon Quest Builders 2 because otherwise that would be the only game I ever play (it is my all time favourite game!) 

For all games, to save me time, I'm using whatever summaries are available on Amazon UK, Nintendo UK and other websites.

Child of Light

Summary from Amazon UK for the Vita version
Art Brought to life: Child of Light was skillfully hand drawn and beautifully rendered with watercolor thanks to the UbiArt Engine. Much of the costumes and lighting were inspired by the world-renowned Cirque du Soleil 
 
The rich world of Lemuria: In your journey across Lemuria you will encounter eccentric creatures, from spirits of the forest to talking mice, wicked witches, and evil sea serpents. Discover a vast land with iconic locations and exciting dungeons 
 
Classic turn-based RPG combat: Child of Light utilizes classic turn-based RPG combat. Level up and use skill points to unlock unique abilities for Aurora and her allies. A deep crafting system allows players to combine gems to improve combat abilities 
 
Solve Puzzles and search for mysteries: Using the power of light, Aurora and Igniculus must work together to solve puzzles involving shadows and movable objects 


Nayu's thoughts
 This is a game I can't play daily because the graphics aren't bright and bubbly, something which strongly affects my mood, but I do want to try and finish it. So far it's not overly difficult., I love the girl's red hair which floats around her, and being able to fly like a fairy is incredible fun. I have the Switch version.

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee

Summary from Nintendo UK
Journey through the Kanto region on an exciting adventure in Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! for Nintendo Switch. Start your journey as a rookie Pokémon Trainer, and catch, battle and form friendships with many Pokémon along the way!

Nayu's thoughts
This probably needs no explaining - it's Pokemon! I adore Eevee so much, I'm looking forward to getting all her eevolution clothing sets, and while this may not get completed this year because I'm taking my time to level up Pokemon and enjoy the game, I do hope to finish the main story and become champion!

Gnomes Garden


Summary from Nintendo UK
A wonderful garden had always brought joy to all the people of the kingdom and all the residents of the castle. But a dry summer withered the king’s beloved garden and the surrounding gardens of the kingdom alike. The ruler has fallen ill and the kingdom is in danger. Help the princess save the gardens and make the king better again. Construct buildings, remove obstacles, repair damaged bridges and restore the beauty of the royal garden.

Key features:

Over 40 beautiful levels
Increasing difficulty
An upbeat plot, an extraordinary magical world
Exciting gameplay for all ages
Easy-to-learn controls and a well-designed tutorial will help you quickly learn the basics of the game.
 Nayu's thoughts
This is a relaxing type of game that I enjoy before bed. For some reason the 2nd game has only just come out, so I have the third,  but you don't need to play them in order to enjoy them. I've over half way through on this game, I don't exactly play for the story but for the fun of unblocking paths, mining resources, and fending off evil creatures!

Tales of Symphonia


Summary 
The most renowned Tales of game comes back in HD
The possibility to play with the Japanese voiceover
The whole saga of Tales of Symphonia combined in one game
More than 90 hours of Gameplay in total
Addition of new fierce Bosses
Brand new 40 Artes scattered between playable characters and enemies

Battle scene (I play as the blonde girl the most!)

Nayu's thoughts 
The tales series is full of fun JRPGs. I possibly have played Symphonia in the past because I dimly remember the start, but I've no idea if I finished it. I've barely started, and this one is apparently very grindy (you have to fight a lot of battles to level up and continue to the next area), so we'll see how far I can get. 

Atelier Totori


Summary from Amazon UK
 The small fishing village of Alanya on the Arland Republic's southern border is home to the young alchemist-in-training Totooria Helmold. She is called Totori by her friends and family, and she wishes to become a great adventurer.

Battle scene

Nayu's thoughts
The Atelier series is another well known JRPG, and while I have the originals which had issues, unlike the lovely remasters that are so far down on my game list I'll probably never get them because I'm more interested in new games than remakes, I'm enjoying how Totori has started. She is so cute!

Blue Reflection


Summary
Blue Reflection takes place at a vibrant all-girls school, Hoshinomiya Girls' High School
Experience the everyday school life and hang out with your friends
Open a mysterious parallel dimension filled with demonic inhabitants
Solve the problems between the dimensions
move freely and fight the demonic creatures that live within this realm
Use the 'FreeSpace!' social network for communication and exciting mini-games in and out of school.
Partake in after-class activities or explore a variety of exciting places in town.
Your actions affect what events will take place the next day!

 
This is Lime, who always uses a teddy bear for her attacks: it is so cute!
Nayu's thoughts 
Like many of the games this is another I'm part way through. It's very much a magical girl game, and it can get a bit repetitive which is why I haven't quite finished it yet, but overall it's really good fun. Please note that are some quite mature scenes but they aren't all the time. Also the voice over is only in Japanese, but there are English subtitles. I'm really hoping there's
going to be a sequel. 
Pokemon Ultra Moon


Summary from Nintendo UK
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon for Nintendo 3DS family systems offer an alternative story taking place in the same world as Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, as well as new Pokémon that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Ominous dark clouds are spreading in the sky above the Alola region, the setting of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. In these adventures, a story unfolds on a grand scale, with the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma at its centre. Secrets about Necrozma and the Alola region – undisclosed in the previous games – will come to light.

 
Nayu's thoughts
Again this shouldn't need an introduction. I played Pokemon Sun and loved it, for Ultra Moon I am using a detailed walkthrough so I can get all the secrets (which will help it be less repetitive, since a lot of it is the same as Sun/Moon games). 
 
Waku Waku Sweets

Summary from Nintendo UK

Make all kinds of confectioneries! ♪
*As if you were baking in real life!
Tilt to pour mixtures, rotate to mix, follow the steps and move the controller as shown on the screen. That's how you cook!
*Over 100 recipes included!
Ranging from popular cakes that everyone loves to traditional Japanese confectioneries called Wagashi. They all look so yummy!
*There is more to enjoy!
Change into your favorite outfit, and change your hairstyle. ♪
Participate in contests and chat with the people in town to complete your quest to become the best.
Make everyone smile with your confectioneries, and become a wonderful pastry chef!




Nayu's thoughts 
I've got the Japanese version because it's a fun way to keep practicing my Japanese: the writing is fairly simple, and I think all letters are shown, even on the kanji which is useful because I don't know a lot of kanji. Who wouldn't want to be a pastry chef with a magical creature? There's lots to chop, stir, and many sweet treats to dream over. I've started it, but may restart as it's been a while since I've played it. Since I love the anime Yume Patissiere, it's no surprise I was attracted to this game!

IA/VT Colorful

Summary from Play Asia 
Another contender enters the fray for top virtual diva - IA is a Vocaloid starring in her new rhythm game for the Vita! Developed by Kenichiro Takaki who was previously the producer of the infamous Senran Kagura, IA has a definite edge on the competition!

As with most console handheld rhythm games, players will be moving the analog sticks and pressing buttons in time with the tempo of musical notes. What makes IA/VT different is the dynamic feedback based on a player's performance - colors and more will change accordingly in the most fantastic of ways!

Track wise, there are 60 different songs with some tracks featuring new exclusive music video background footage of the artists performing their songs. There will also be different play modes, with challenge modes, consecutive play and free play.


Nayu's thoughts 
I love rhythm games, especially Hatsune Miku, so I was curious with IA and haven't regretted getting the game. My goal is to complete all the songs (all 50+ of them) on both easy and normal level (ideally getting the highest mark which is a triple S grade SSS) and to start laying the hard level. Hard is the highest level, and I'm not the best rhythm gamer, so we will see how far I get. IA is super cute, and her voice is a little ironic because I really don't like opera yet initially her vocaloid voice was aimed at opera. She seems a bit more sophisticated that Miku, a bit like Miku's friend Luka yet different. I love almost all the songs!

Kingdom Hearts

Summary from Amazon UK
The HD remastered compilation brings six beloved KINGDOM HEARTS adventures to the PlayStation 4 
 
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 15 + 25 ReMIX gives fans the opportunity to experience all of their favourite moments from the series so far for the very first time on one platform 
 
The full list of titles included in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 15 + 25 ReMIX are KINGDOM HEARTS HD 15 ReMIX including KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD remastered cinematics) 
 
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 25 ReMIX including KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded 
 
KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive and Square Enix
 
Kairi in the first game.
Nayu's thoughts 
I've only ever played the first game, and while I will not be getting Kingdom Hearts 3 on release day this year, I do want to start playing all 6-9 games that are included in special bundles. I loved a lot of the game, I do find it confusing so I suspect I'll use a walkthrough because I've already done it and can only stand being frustrated with a puzzle a few times. Some parts I really hate because they are so scary, especially the Nightmare Before Christmas area, but I adore the girl Sora is trying to save, and the mix of Disney and Squaresoft characters makes me so very happy. I kept the capitals in the summary because I'm running out of time to finish this blog to put them in lower case (so it looks a little shouty - that isn't the case!) Although I do want to shout the news that it looks like Kairi is a playable character in Kingdom Hearts 3! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

End of Part 1 
I'm sorry, I'd meant to do this as one blog post but there are about 20 games on the list (I aim to finish at least 12) so this is being separated into 2 parts. You'll see the rest of the games in part 2, where I'll put up the complete list in a simpler list form. Stay tuned for what else I'm hoping to play! 
Pusheen totally has the right idea when it comes to gaming!

No comments: