Monday 21 January 2019

Hattie's Magic Show: Hat Tricks by Satoshi Kitamura (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)

 7th February 2019, Scallywag Press, 32 pages, Hardback, Review copy

Summary from Scallywag Press
Hattie conjures an amazing succession of animals out of her hat, and for a grand finale produces a wonderful habitat where they can all live!

Nayu's thoughts
I love bunnies, so naturally I wanted to see what magic Hattie would come up with. Before I read the book I had to smile: I'd gone to the library and borrowed another one of Satoshi's books, Comic Adventures of Boots who is a cat and so funny! So I knew I'd love Hattie's story. 
A must read for all cat lovers and owners
Hattie pulls many things out of her hat, most I could predict what they were from the top of their heads which peeked out of the hat, however the end was something I couldn't predict or tell what it was! I hadn't actually read the book's summary, I wanted to review it solely because of the cute cover. It was such a beautiful ending, one I've not seen in similar stories. Satoshi's illustration style is a fun one, with bright colours, and there's great wit in the story itself. Pictures really are worth over a thousand words! Hattie seems so proud of her magic abilities, which she should be because squeezing all those creatures into the hat is magic - especially when one gets stuck! I'm looking forward to seeing where her magical career next takes her!

Suggested read

No comments: