Thursday 26 October 2017

The Secret Diary of A Naughty Cat by Daniel Riding (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)

 May 2017, 108 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Book summary
 Ever wonder why cats can be so naughty?

Naughty Cat will take you through the many ways a cat can be naughty and how they get away with it all (mostly).

From sleeping to eating, and playing and even pooping, you will find tons of laughs and giggles in this wonderful book about a very naughty cat.

Nayu's thoughts 
Given the nature of the book it almost could have been retitled with my cat's name, Belle, but she thankfully doesn't climb on shelves and dive bomb onto me in the night! I'd forgotten the summary when I started reading this book, so was happily surprised to find the entire story is through the mischievous cat's view of life. The sheer amount of acts the cat does which I can relate to makes it a hilarious must read for all cat owners/slaves. 

From the fussy issues with food to the secret hiding plces where the cat hid while the owner/servant got more frantic, this is an accurate guide to what life with a cat is like. It's crazy! I'm thankful Belle only chases her tail in the bath, not leave a stinky present requiring clean up. I liked the addition of hearts made with pawprints used at rhe start of each chapter. I really want there to be another book because it's a real pleasure to read! 

Find out more on Daniel's website.  

Suggested read
I've read a lot of other cat books, but here's a diary from an animal which is more hilarious because the grammar and spelling aren't perfect: Book #3 The Seriously Extraordinary Diary of Pig by Emer Stamp (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)

No comments: