Thursday 24 August 2017

Bob and Co: Colours and Numbers by Nicola Killen (Children's, Picture book, Board book, 10E/10E)


 10th August 2017, Blomsbury Children's, 10 pages, Board book, Review copy 

Summary from Bloomsbury 
Hello! Meet Bobo the panda and his friends, Snap the crocodile, Riff the giraffe and the rest of the gang, in this enjoyable and engaging new lift-the-flap first concept series – perfect for inquisitive little minds everywhere!

Bobo the panda and his friends want to paint a picture for their friend Snap, but oh-oh! Things get a bit messy! Open the large flaps to see what has happened in this funny and simple story about colours.  

Bobo the panda is playing hide and seek with his friends. How many friends can he find? Open the large flaps to see where they're hiding in this funny and simple story about counting.
 
Nayu's thoughts
This is apparently a new series and certainly one I'm eager for more titles. The easy to lift pages are sturdy and have what feels like a wipe clean surface so could be easy to clean if mucky hands get on them. While the numbers tale was a little predictable to me as an older reader (counting involving 10 usually goes in order), I loved the fun atmosphere the friends had playing with each other. 

The Colours book was my favourite, as I had no idea what was coming next. The scenes under the flaps were hilarious, I enjoyed the common actions of children painting,  and the effects of them lasted until the end of the tale which was cleverly done. 

Friendship is definitely a central themein both books, in helping readers learn about the world around them, as well as teaching valuable lessons like not leaving toys for people to trip up on if you don't want paint splattered about. And that hide and seek is a fun game with friends! Maybe the books are paint proof on purpose...

Find out more on Nicola's website

Suggested read 

1 comment:

Alandre said...

I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com