Wednesday 18 March 2015

Penguin and Pumpkin by Salina Yoon (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 September 2014, Bloomsbury Children's, 40 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Content: cuteness, family

Summary from Bloomsbury
When Penguin and Bootsy plan a trip in search of autumn, Penguin's little brother, Pumpkin, wants to join in. But Pumpkin is heartbroken to find out he's too little to go, so Penguin and Bootsy bring a special surprise home to share a little touch of Autumn with Pumpkin.
 
Nayu's thoughts   
This is quite possibly the cutest book of 2014! The mega adorable style illustrations warmed my heart and made me smile. Penguin is full of character in the way he views and explores the world. I totally understood the disappointment and frustration of his younger brother to not looking for Autumn, because as a younger sibling I had a lot of occasions where I was too little to do things. I'd have loved my sibling to surprise me by bringing what they experienced to me. 

I was so touched by Penguin's kindness and generosity that I cried a little at the end – thinking of others is an admirable quality. I'm delighted there are more Penguin adventures – I'll keep an eye out for them & review them here when I read them!  

Find out more on Salina's website.

Suggested read
Check out more of Salina's work including Found (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)
 

No comments: