Monday 26 January 2015

What are YOU reading? #253




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine
Young Adult/New Adult
9/10E
(Romantic parts aside this is a heart-wrenching read about a girl with an abusive mother who becomes ever so strong.)





The Tender Moments of Saffron Silk by Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(À charming read covering so many life topics including illness, adoption, loss of a young child, depression...)





Rules for Riders: Best Friends. Deadly Rivals by Natalie Scott
Young Adult
8/10E
( Bebe's life is full of surprises that I had no idea about!)





Chestnut Hill: Making Strides by Lauren Brooke
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Dealing with an abused horse is no walk in the park as Malory discovers...)





Saving Quinton by Jessica Sorensen
New Adult
10/10E
(Ever so much a realistic read regarding drug addiction...)









Listened
Many books, just not finished any this week!









Watched 


Casualty
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Brilliant episode involving Connie learning what her daughter Grace could end up like if Connie doesn't find a way to connect with her.) 





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(I know it was a good episode, I just can't remember what happened!) 





Waterloo Road
School drama, English version
9/10E
(Back to its wonderful melodramatic self with a plot twist I didn't see coming among the more obvious ones.)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I vaguely remember dreaming/daydreaming about when Mizuki dances the song Precious this week.)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I know Mion is stuck up at the beginning but she does really care about Aira & Rhythm...) 





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(The episode where Beru/Bell has to fight her mother to keep on doing Prism shows makes me well up whenever I watch it!)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Twilight is wonderful as a princess! She has wings, but is her usual graceful self...so long as its not when she's learning how to fly!)





Outnumbered
Family comedy, English version
10E/10E
(A slice of life show filled with laughs...)





Prison Break: Season 3 & 4
Thriller, English version
10/10E
(I'm on the final season, and oh boy are the surprises coming thick and fast!) 





Top Gear
Car show, English version
10/10E
(I love the specials which focus on bizarre challenged across the world. This is a hilarious show, which only misses the top grade due to a tiny bit of mature content...)





The Ugly Duckling and Me
Animated film, English version
9/10E
(This is much sweeter than I expected it to be!) 





Mirror, Mirror
Fantasy film, English version
9/10E
(A brilliant version of Snow White's tale, which I'm finally getting into, some parts weren't to my taste but some of the costumes were amazing! One to rewatch.)





Help I'm A Fish!
Animated film, English version
9/10E
(A bit scary in places, but the three children who turn into fish learn to help each other and make new friends. You'll need tissues for the seahorse!)





Cynthia et la Rhythm de la Vie
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(Watching Cynthia succeed in the competition is brilliant...not so brilliant is the sabotage which goes on from the jealous girls.) 





Winx: Season 2
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(Nearly at the part which Bloom meets the pixi/mini fee [fairy in French] Lockette!) 





Angelic Layer
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I want to have/be one of the battle dolls almost as much as I want to be in the world of Aikatsu, Pripara & Pretty Rhythm. Happy sigh!)










Games, craft and more
As ever this week I've been playing and leveling up on the usual 3 10E/10E games...




...Ice Age Village where I got some cute raccoons, Littlest Pet Shop where I'm wishing I could exchange bits (money) for bling (what you need to get the special pets which I refuse to pay for so I'm having to save ever so slowly) & My Little Pony where I got a second pony who is part of the Wonderbolts!. 


I've made a lot of progress on the secret project I can't tell you about! I've also started this pink and cream crochet blanket...(picture following soon)


...and continued with this cute bubblegum coloured blanket. (picture following soon)




No comments: