Wednesday 31 December 2014

What are YOU reading? #250




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


The Time Hunters by Carl Ashmore
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Stupendously exciting brother and sister time travel adventure!)





Stormy Night by Salina Yoon
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Another awww filled book by Salina...)





The Case of the Cursed Dodo by Jake G. Panda
Children's, 9 years +
8/10E
(An entertaining read about a panda detective.)






Eliza Bluebell by A. J. York
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A tale about a girl with special abilities who makes the lives of others happier...)





The Origami Nun by Lori Olding
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A sweet tale of courage...)





Who Wants My Broccoli by Salvatore Rotella and Andrea Strarosti
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A charm tale about eating vegetables...)



Molly Miranda: Thief For Hire by Jilianne Hamilton
Urban Fantasy (I think)
9/10E
(A hilarious tale about a thief's complicated life...)





The Glory by Lauren St John
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Another awesome horse read from the talented Lauren...)










LISTENED


Changing Lanes by Kathleen Long
Fiction
8/10E
(A read about turning your life around when everything goes crazy...)









Watched


Hanging Up
Film, English version
9/10E
(A story of 3 sisters with an ailing father suffering with dementia...)





A Turtle's Tale
Animated film, English version
8/10E
(A sweet tale, not dark but not super positive either. It probably doesn't help I'm a little bit afraid of ocean movies, even animated ones...)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(I was proud of Arthur for yelling at Guy & getting both him and Zosia to do a jigsaw puzzle and figure their father/daughter relationship out.)





Gnomeo and Juliet
REWATCH! - Animated film, English version
9/10E
(Minus all the romance associated with this take on Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet this is a hilarious watch.)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Ki made her idol debut as the Pom Pom Crepe Girl!)





PriPara
REWATCH! (+ first time watch) - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Squee! Rewatching is awesome, just as seeing episodes for the first time is - I was horrified then thrilled by the direction the anime takes. Eager to see what happens next!)






My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Season 3
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(These fillies continue to prove that friendship truly is magic!)






Avatar The Last Air Bender: Season 2
REWATCH! - Anime
10E/10E
(I'm having to watch less of this series each week as it is a lot more doomy & gloom, but the humour shines through and makes me smile...)





Winx: Season 2
Magical girl anime, French version
10E/10E
(I adore falling back in love with these fairies-roll on their Charmix power!)











Craft, games and more 
I've been very productive this week. I've started this heart and rose bookmark duo ...



...as well as this bee hive magnet kit...



I've done cross stitch for enough years that counting where I need to sew is second nature, making it easy to do even when super tired. It's in the realm of being able to watch French when I'm tired too.


Crochet wise I'm working on this bright and cheery blanket for a good friend...



I will be making a duplicate for Nayu's Crochet Dreams (new website coming soon!) as the colours are perfect for Starlight Academy's dance uniform in the second and 3rd season of Aikatsu.


I've started making a set of coasters as a thank you gift for someone, which remind me of cherry blossom.




With help stirring from my family I made rice crispy marshmallow squares!!! 




I haven't had them for best part of 18 years, as vegetarian marshmallows are crazy prices. These are from the fish based marshmallows, which don't taste of fish at all. They do make the mixture harder than with other gelatin,  but it still tastes totally delicious. I will be trying some with a bit of chocolate on top, like a few Hershey's Kisses or Reeces cups,with marshmallows on top! Ah, marshmallows are great!




Game has been from my usual 10E/10E games by Gameloft.




I'm super excited by the winter snow scenes in My Little Pony for android, I've got the canary and now saving for the ladybug in Littlest Pet Shop, and waiting for a cute baby T-rex to hatch in my Ice Age Village. It's all go here! 


That's all for this week, since its the holidays I'm hoping to do much more next week!



No comments: