Thursday 3 April 2014

Delphie and the Magic Ballet Shoes by Darcy Bussell (Audio book, Children's, 7 years +, 9/10E)


January 2010, Harper Collins Children's, 44 minutes long, Audio book, Personal copy

 
Themes: being poor, a passion for ballet, being given a chance, making new friends, entering a magical realm, inborn talent, popular ballet stories, 

Content: lots of places to smile at, a very happy ending


Prima Ballerina Darcey Bussell takes you on a captivating journey to a faraway land of ballet and magic, the wonderful world of Enchantia! The first of a sparkly new series for all young girls who dream of being a ballerina, or simply love to dance…

Delphie’s greatest dream is to become a ballerina, and she can't quite believe it when she is invited to join the new ballet school. But there's more to Madame Zarakova's than it at first seems and with the help of some very special ballet shoes, Delphie finds herself spinning into a whole new world…


Nayuleska's thoughts 
I chose this as an audiobook because I'd already read and enjoyed it. That actually kept me listening during the one nor two places where I wasn't fond of the voices for different characters, which is why the audio version gets a lower grade. The story itself was a little bit more magical somehow. I paid attention to the structure of the plot and the dialogue, which helped me a bit with my own wriung. I think we fyoget from timd to time that reading includes reading aloud, which has its own style. I was captivated by Delphie's adventures and wanted the speaker to speed up so I found out what happened next, despite foggily remembering the story!

Find out more on the fun Magic Ballerina website

Suggested read
Check out my review for the paperback edition of Delphie and the Magic Ballet Shoes! (Children's, 5 years +, 10E/10E) 
 

No comments: