Monday 24 February 2014

What are YOU reading? #206




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Angelina and the Princess by Katherine Holabird and Helen Craig
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(Utterly adorable tale with a sweet lesson...check out my review!)





Very Little Red Riding Hood by Heapy and Heap
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(This is a very cute red riding hood with attitude!)





Emblazed by Connie L Smith
Young Adult
9/10E
(A truly evil author wrote this book - I mean that in a nice way!)






The Dragon's Dentist by John McLay
Children's, 5 years +
10/10E
(Every page made me laugh!)





Wonder Light by R R Russell
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Good and bad unicorns exist in Twig's world...)









Reread


Drina Dances in New York by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Drina's temper flares up a few times as do a few new emotions...)









Watched


Waterloo Road
Drama, English version
9/10E
Some of the characters are seriously deranged!





Winx: Season 5
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
It is seriously good to watch this in French and not in English - Winx for me is French! The girls have Sirenix now ^o^





Tough Young Teachers
Documentary, English version
9/10E
The finale had a surprise from one teacher which took me by surprise and although I could see their point of view, I don't agree with what they did...





Winx: Season 6
Anime, English version
10E/10E
Squee - Bloom gets her Bloomix in a mega drama filled ep! It's frustrating having to wait for these new eps to be released.





Outnumbered
Drama, English version
10E/10E
This comedy continues to have me in stitches!





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 2
Anime, English version
10E/10E
I know I've seen it before, but seeing the girls dress up as a dragon to keep an eye on Spike as he investigates his dragon heritage is hilarious!










Played
Yup, still no console playing but plenty of other gaming going!






Flower Shop Star is like last week's pizza game, except it is with flowers and not pizzas.





I had the best luck ever this week and discovered a load of Hello Kitty Games! I'm currently addicted to Hello Kitty Salon, where I run a beauty salon with people who have hats/headbands of Hello Kitty characters come in. It is quite hard-its going take ages to get enough credits to buy equipment, hire more staff etc. You can buy money/credits but that takes the fun out of gaming plus I can't exactly spare the money for it either. So I'm swallowing the fact I'm going to have to restart the game as I bought a nail bar not realising that I don't have enough staff to cope with the extra demand from the new area...I do highly recommend it if you are a Hello Kitty fan or if you love cute things. Each 'day' of playing lasts 2-3 minutes, so it's perfect for a quick play.   Edited to add 25th Feb 2014: I feel out of love with this game. Will explain why soon.


The other games I'm playing isn't Hello Kitty (I downloaded a lot but only playing 1 at a time for now) It's Strawberry Shortcake & Winx!



Winx Sirenix Magic Oceans is a fun tetris-y type game that I keep forgetting the rules so don't do very well in gaining points but it's easy for a quick game.





Strawberry Shortcake Bake Shop is the one exception so far where I've paid for the add-on's. You get to bake a dessert and decorate it. There's so much fun to be had stirring the mixture, breaking the eggs (sadly you cant do it wrong and make eggs go splat outside the bowl), grease tins with butter to name a few. The free version only has 1 dessert, and it's impossible to complete the requests Strawberry's friends make without the add ons which have the relevant icing colours/fillings/decorations. I did gulp at the price (just under £6) but I find it such fun I went ahead and haven't regretted it at all! I might not have energy to make real desserts but thanks to Strawberry I can do it virtually!









Craft
Check out the number of crochet squares I've been able to enlarge so far!




Made some more progress on my new cross stitch kit too.





No comments: