Monday 26 March 2012

What are you reading? #108

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Books I've read this week

 


To Be a Cat by Matt Haig
Children's, 9 years +
(Be very careful what you wish for - and you will never look at a cat the same way again!)
10/10






Drive-by Valentine by Kimber Ann
(Definitely a short but sweet read...)
10/10







Bunheads by Sophie Flack
Young Adult
(An insightful ballet book, which has renewed my love of such stories!)
10/10








Hattori Hachi: The Revenge of the Praying Mantis by Jane Prowse
Children's
(I love this because Hattie's best friend plays a significant role, which adds to the appeal...)
9/10








Hattori Hachi: Stalking the Enemy by Jane Prowse
Children's
(I loved this 2nd book even more than the first, and yes Hattie's best friend really comes into her own!)
10/10








My Scorching Summer Diary by Kelly Ann by Liz Rettig
Young Adult
(Life gets pretty incredible for Kelly - she's a little crazy!)
8/10









Star Fighters: Alien Attack by Max Chase
Children's
(You can't beat space invasion stories, especially ones where the hero has unusual abilities...)
10/10








Star Fighters: Deadly Mission by Max Chase
Children's
(Rating lowered as the female character was hardly in it - so it's very much a personal choice...)
7/10








The Comic Cafe by Roger Stevens
Children's
Release Date:  April 2012
(A truly hilarious and sweet read!)
10/10



 


Books I've re-read






Eight Keys by Suzanne Lafleur
Children's
(I cried more this second time round than the first, and enjoyed it even more.)
10/10





 
I'm currently re-reading





Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley
Children's, 10 years +
(I'm re-reading it as the 2nd book is now out. Reading for bed makes it less surprising that I dreamt I was a fairy last night, flying around and being seen by non-fairies. Unlike Zaria I didn't get in trouble!)




So, what have you been reading?  Feel free to share in the comments below!






No comments: