Tuesday 6 March 2012

Monstersaurus by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort (Children's, Picture Book)



March 2012, Simon and Schuster
32 pages, Hardback
Review copy

Themes: monsters, robots, potions, experiment, mild peril, high levels of humour

Summary from Simon and Schuster
Monty LOVES inventing
But things don't always work -
His walking toaster ran away
And the robot went BERSERK!
But then one day Monty found a book with instructions on how to create inventions very rare... read it if you dare!

Nayuleska's thoughts
If my family hadnt been watching tv, I would have howled with laughter at this fun book. The first page was my favourite, using bright colours to hint at what was to come next. I love monstersaurus both the monster and the creature who looks cute and fluffy. I say this without a threat of a monster, that this is a 10/10 read.

Suggested read
For another surprising and hilarious read try The Diabolical Mister Tiddles by Tom McLaughlin

No comments: