Sunday 5 December 2021

Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum Bournemouth


 I get a lot of requests for book reviews, but the other week I had a more unusual request. I was invited for a festive visit to the Russell-Cotes Museum in Bournemouth, which is a gallery and a museum. Due to covid and how far away it was I declined the invite. However, I happen to like museums and wanted to feature it on my blog so if any of you are ever in the area I suggest you check it out. Just look at how magnificent their Christmas tree is!

At the moment there is a major exhibit called A Century of British: covering 100 years of Britain looks intriguing and some of the artwork can be seen online, perfect for me. It includes an advertising poster or the museum's opening by Arthur Bell


Wildlife art like Gypsy Horses by Lucy Kemp-Welch


Landscape art like this stunning sea piece, A White Gale off the Coast of Cornwall by Laurits (or Lauritz) Holst


Find out more about the Russell-Cotes Museum on their website.


No comments: