Monday 8 June 2015

What are YOU reading? #271






What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



READ


Nova and Quinton by Jessica Sorensen
New Adult
8/10E
(Not as gripping as previous books in the series, but interesting in parts...)





The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berty
11 years +
10E/10E
(Extremely funny with lots of tension and unexpected plot twists!)





Do Less, Get More by Shaa Wasmund
Non-fiction
8/10E
(Some really useful tips about slowing down in life and working on what's important...)





Dork Diaries Drama Queen by Rachel Renee Russell
Children's, 11 years +
9/10E
(Life from Nikki's school mean girl McKenzie is extraordinary!)





A Different Reflection by Jane L Gibson
Romance
10E/10E
(This feels like a retelling of Beauty and the Beast!) 





Brianna the Ballet Fairy by Julia Dweck
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(Such a cute tale from a talented author...)





Moonlight on the Nightingale Way by Samantha Young
Romance
9/10E
(Being the last in a series which I hadn't read didn't detract from making it a fun read!)





Forget Me Not by Megan Tayte
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Epic second read in a fab series!)





Conversion by Katherine Howe
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Mysterious goings on in a town where Salem was, kept me turning the pages as fast as I could!)









Listened


Pea's Book of Big Dreams by Susie Day
Children's, 9 years +
RELISTEN - 10E/10E
(Much fun is had looking for a Vittoria replacement!)









Watched


Aikatsu
Music idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Almost time for dramatic Juri's debut!)





Princess Diaries #1 & #2
Teen movie, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Since recently reading the entire series I now understand the film versions better!)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 1
Anime, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Great to watch while working on craft. Had forgotten how stuffy Twilight is before she meets her friends!)





Winx: Season 2
Magical girl anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Finished season 2 and plan on watching season 3 after Ramadan!)









Craft, games and more
Watching My Little Pony spurred me into playing...



...the 10/10E game by Gameloft which is awesome and fun. 


I've made some progress on my commissioned blanket...



I made squares for a few fingerless gloves...



And I started a blanket for a friend...



I also made some progress on my sewing...

BEFORE
AFTER


I also made delicious Malteser cheesecake...





No comments: