Wednesday 22 August 2012

Where is Fred? By Edward Hardy (Children's, Picture book, 10/10)



March 2012, Egmont
38 pages, Hardback
Review copy

Themes: life cycle of caterpillars, the need foe cameoflage, a dense and angry crow, an inventive caterpillar, survival at all costs, tree loads of humour

Summary from Egmont
Hey, YOU! Yes, YOU reading this!

I'm Gerald the crow and I'm looking for a lovely, fluffy white caterpillar called Fred. Have you seen him? I want him for my lunch!

You haven't? Are you sure? Then ...

WHERE IS FRED?

Follow Fred the fluffy white caterpillar as he outwits Gerald the Crow, in a scintillating new take on the much-loved hide-and-seek theme.


Nayuleska's thoughts
I read the back cover after reading this book and I fell about laughing. Gerald is fixated on Fred, but he is a bit dense which lets Fred. Survive. I feel in love with Fred on the title page, with his cute head peeking at me on the page corner. He is supremely cute and fluffy on the opening pages, which proves to be life saving for Fred. Gerald's anger is understandable and makes the book incredibly funny. I like how the inside cover pages were a prologue and epilogue to Fred's life in this 10/10 read.


Suggested read
For an equally hilarious read try When Betsy Came to Babysit by Elizabeth Dale.


No comments: